Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
Functioning under the general supervision of the Service Line Manager and a licensed caregiver, the Clinical Care Associate (CCA) provides clinical and administrative support to nurses, physicians and allied health providers (Clinicians) working in the hospital licensed clinics.
The Department of General surgery the Multispecialty Surgical Clinic has an opportunity available for a Medical Assistant.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will Conduct patient interview, data collection, documentation in the medical record
- exam room set-up, cleaning and preparing for patients
- ordering/stocking of medical supplies
- administrative support, to handle high volume of patient coordination and complex scheduling in the licensed clinics.
- Cross trained to cover multiple providers and as a resource
The CCA may also perform non-invasive routine technical services under the supervision of a licensed physician, surgeon or podiatrist who is on the premises. The Clinical Care Associate functions within his/her scope of education/certification not to exceed what is permitted by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center policies, procedures and guidelines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Valid active phlebotomy certification preferred
- Basic Life Support issued by American Heart Association
- Minimum two years previous medical office or hospital clinic experience is preferred
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory or outpatient setting or physician's office, preferred.
Preferred during employment, if not certified at time of hire:
Certified by one of the following agencies approved by the Medical Board of California:
Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Credential: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) http://www.aama-ntl.org
American Medical Technologists AMT Credential: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) http://www.amt1.com
California Certifying Board for Medical Assistants Credential: California Certified Medical Assistant – Clinical (CCMA-C) http://www.ccbma.org
Apply on company website