Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist (in the laboratory of Dr. Wei Gao, director of neuroimaging research in the department of Department of Biomedical Science, and Dr. Michele Tagliati, director of the Movement Disorders Program in the Department of Neurology), the Research Fellow will perform clinical research tasks throughout training period.
May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. Specific focus is quantitatively analyze existing data from simultaneous FDG-PET/MRI brain scans and neurobiological testing with the goal to answer key questions on central and peripheral insulin resistance and its role in Parkinson's disease.
May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
- Experiences in both static and dynamic PET imaging and data analysis are required.
- Familiarity with one or more MRI modalities (e.g., structural, diffusion, and fMRI) would be advantageous since this project also aims to develop new MRI-based or combined PET/MR-based biomarkers for Parkinson's disease (e.g., neuromelanin-sensitive imaging, iron quantification, diffusion MRI, and resting state fMRI, etc).
- Excellent command of programming tools including Matlab, Linux, and scripting are required to carry out the above-mentioned research work.
- Excellent knowledge/skill in the following programs is required: Microsoft Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), image processing programs (Photoshop and/or illustrator), and literature software (Endnote, Adobe Acrobat Pro).
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills are needed in order to assist in publications, patents, grant writing and other communications needed to support our research projects.
- Excellent teamwork capacity is required in order to effectively work together with the PI, the research staff, and collaborators.
Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Neuroscience, or related fields.
Apply on company website