Join Cedars-Sinai and become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements. Work alongside physician-scientists and researchers who are making life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Our team of researchers develop some of the most advanced clinical trials in the world. Here, you will be a part of leading-edge cancer research history that improves and enhances our patients' treatment options, one trial at a time.Do you have a passion for helping human kind?
The Clinical Research Associate I - Biobank will work directly with a Clinical Research Coordinator, Research Program Administrator, Research Nurse, or Principal Investigator to coordinate and/or implement the study. This role evaluates and abstracts research data and ensures compliance with protocol and research objectives. Position is responsible for completing case report forms, entering clinical research data, and assist with regulatory submissions to the IRB. Provides limited contact with research participants as needed for study and assists with study budget and research participant billing.In addition, as the Clinical Research Associate I - Biobank you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Submitting amendments
- Submitting continuations (making sure studies do not lapse)
- IRB paper consent training
- Act as main point of contact between IRB and Biobank
- Resolving issues (ex. QA survey), asking questions or for clarification, etc.
- New directions (minors, mychart, interpreter, educational flier)
- Reviewing consents for compliance
- Review QC survey, work with admissions staff
- Service contracts
- Capital equipment requests
Budgets, MTAs and agreements
- developing biobank fee structure
- Calculating budgets for groups
- Ancillary agreements
- Working with ISRO team to get agreements signed w/ industry (MTA)
- Review lab manuals
- Determine feasibility of requests
- Locating and pulling samples for researchers
- Help with client IRB protocol
- Implementing facilitated collection with TCT
- Shipping samples
- Keeping track of open requests and reporting to superiors
- Track specimens in LIMS
iLabs accounts and billing
- Helping investigators initiate accounts
- Attaching project numbers to accounts
- Sending agenda for biweekly meetings
- setting up client meetings
- Scheduling presentations for biweekly meetings
- Ordering food/snacks for biweekly meetings
- Scheduling interviews
- Programming iPads and implementing video consent/tablets into clinics
- Organize specimen utilization process for all requests
- Coordinating Rapid Autopsy Program cases
- Schedule BTRC advisory board meetings
- Office depot orders
BA/BS degree, requiredExperience:
Understanding of general clinical research objectives. Clinical research experience, preferred.
Organizational skills, familiarity with medical terminology, problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to work with all levels of an organization/part of a team.
Effectiveness in this position requires a high level of self-motivation and the willingness and ability to take ownership of the work and do whatever is necessary for its successful completion.
Experience with writing IRB protocols or the IRB review process is strongly preferred.
Experience with biobanking or human tissue procurement in a research setting would be ideal.
Apply on company website