SUMMARY The LVN Lead supports the physician, medical assistants and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of responsibilities to include, patient care assessments, clinical related tasks and administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists with administrative and clinical operations of themedical practice(s).
• Helps to assure that staff meets necessary certifications andlicensing requirements.
• Assists with and, as necessary, performs administrativefunctions to include answering and handling telephone calls for patient carematters, chart preparation for clinical care and assisting with appointmentscheduling.
• Assists with controlling wage and non-wage expenses includingpharmacy and medical supplies in accordance with the budgetary guidelines setby the Organization.
• Works in a collaborative role with other leads, managers andrelated offices or organizations.
• Greet patients and contributes to patient assessment as needed.
• Oversees and manages patient care flow, taking a leadership rolewithin the suite.
• Prepare patients for provider by reviewing current medicationsin the electronic health record (EHR) as needed.
• Takes appropriate vital signs and record in EHR as needed.
• Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patientvisit needs.
• Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
• Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by provider.
• Draw and prepare designated lab work and/or specimens asdirected by provider.
• Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications asdirected by provider.
• Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients asdefined by provider.
Education and/or Experience
- Certification from accredited
school and current California LVN licensure to practice required.
- 3 - 5 or more years of experience
in outpatient medical setting with lead experience preferred.
- BLS from the American Heart Association
- IV/Phlebotomy Certified
- Current and valid LVN License
Apply on company website