The Physician Assistant provides health care services to patientsunder direction and responsibility of Physician by performing the followingduties:
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination,and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results ofphysical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray,electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results fordeviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections,immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, recordsprogress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance withprescribed therapeutic regimens.
- Assists surgeon in operation room proceduresincluding suturing, retracting, cleaning, providing hemostasis.
Graduate AMA accredited program and two (2) years PhysicianAssistant experience in a relevant clinical area preferred (e.g.: generalsurgery, reconstructive surgery, or other surgical specialties); or equivalentcombination of education and experience:
Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants,Licensure by the State of California. Certified to perform Basic LifeSupport and Advanced Cardiac Life Support by the American Heart Association.
- Two (2) years Physician Assistant experience in a relevantclinical area preferred, e.g., general surgery, reconstructive surgery, orother surgical specialties; or equivalent combination of education andexperience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals,technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to writereports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability toeffectively present information and respond to questions from patients,managers, co-workers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units ofmeasure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability tocompute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with
Apply on company website