DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Central Florida Regional Hospital has been designated as a Level II trauma facility, the first in the area!
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open-heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, wound care, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation, complete imaging services and The Baby Suites.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. This position requires proficiency with EKG rhythm interpretation and Hemodynamics monitoring. Competency with ventilator management and IABP.
Our Critical Care Department features a 12-bed CVICU, 8-bed ICU and 8-bed Neuroscience ICU.
Desired skills: 1- 3 previous RN critical care experience required. CCRN and recent CVICU experience strongly preferred. NIHSS stroke certification required.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN preferred.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider (BLS/ACLS certification).
- Current PALS certification required.
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Enjoy the following benefits and more:Your benefits include:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Apply on company website