Central Garden & Pet is hiring a Vendor Data Accounts Payable Specialist to work in our Central Shared Service Center located in Boise, ID. This position will play a key role for Accounts Payable through execution of processes, policies and solutions to support the accounts payable functions of the Shared Services Center. The Vendor Data Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for assisting with continual process improvements and effective delivery of services as well as building and maintaining cross-functional relationships throughout the company and will follow all company policies, procedures and SOX controls. This position is responsible for assisting with safeguarding company financials by maintaining accurate vendor master files.
A little bit about us
We have a fast-paced environment that is open, collaborative, and engaging. We encourage individual ownership of daily work, while supporting team goals.
We also offer great benefits
On top of the standard health, dental, vision, vacation, sick days and holiday pay, Central offers life and disability insurance, a 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus. We offer discounts on computers, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, rental cars and more. Thinking about going back to school? Ask us about educational assistance!
What you will be working on
- Serve as business data owner for assigned businesses.
- Receive and execute on requests from various functional areas for add/change vendor Master Data requests.
- Review new vendor setup information to ensure accuracy of the data.
- Ensure all required documentation is received to support the setup of new vendors and CSC audit requirements.
- Perform additional analysis when needed to validate or review vendor record information.
- Provide additional training on Service Catalog submission as needed.
- Work closely with AP, business units, vendors and Master Data to ensure accuracy and up to date info is reflected in ERP systems.
- Work within deadlines while ensuring accurate policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Build and maintain vendor and functional relationships and serve as the point person and liaison to the business, Master Data and internal teams.
- Deliver on operational goals within assigned area and execute timely and accurately on completion of work.
- Verify accuracy, validity, consistency and completeness of accounting documents, including verbal validation.
- Initiate root cause and counter measures when gaps are identified in fraud mitigation techniques.
- Assemble data and conduct related accounting studies and analyses to prepare unique reports for internal use.
- Maintain files.
- Additional duties as assigned.
If you have the following experience and characteristics, we want to hear from you!
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable or related experience working with a large vendor base and high-volume transactions, preferred.
- Experience in shared service environment, preferred
- Experience working with enterprise systems such as SAP, Oracle, AS400, etc.
- Experience working with large vendor base, high volume transactions and in resolving disputes
- Understanding of internal controls including SOX requirements for AP
- Ability to partner with Central Service Center management and provide input into process improvement as well as effective execution and change management within the team
- Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented
- Ability to work in a heavily metric driven organization
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter who is goal-oriented
- Must have strong knowledge of AP and financial concepts
- Has a process improvement mindset with a desire to consistently look for ways to improve efficiency and service
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to perform multiple tasks effectively
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Candidate should have the highest integrity, character, and business sense.
- Must be able to follow process and collaborate cross-functionally and with 3rd party vendors
Here's a little more about Central
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website