Central Garden and Pet is hiring an AR Manager. This position will play a significant role for ITC working closely with the Sr. ITC Manager and the entire Shared Service Centers' Leadership team through planning and execution of processes and solutions to support the Billing and Accounts Receivable teams. This position is responsible for ITC processes which includes Dispute Resolution processes, Rebate and Commission agreement set up and processing, and monitoring of Customer invoicing. The role will also be responsible for continual process improvements and cost-effective delivery of services. This position will build and maintain cross functional relationships throughout the company and ensure compliance with Company policy and procedures and SOX controls. Importantly, this position is responsible for managing, training, and mentoring a large team of Accounts Receivable and Billing Specialists (25-30 team members which includes Supervisors).
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Manages team recruitment, training, and process improvement to drive efficiency and throughput.
- Manages the tracking and monitoring of residuals for various business units. Ensures existing procedures are adhered to and followed for research, validation, and approvals.
- Ensures the collection/repayment of unauthorized deductions.
- Manages the set up and processing of customer rebate and commission agreements.
- Participates in AR aging analysis, bad debt analysis and reporting activity as assigned. Reports findings to Sr. Center leadership and Business Unit finance leaders.
- Manages various types of accounts from regional companies to large national companies.
- Maintains relations with all departments within the center and companywide.
- Manages the tracking and monitoring of the accounts receivable aging and work with staff to meet department goals and objectives.
- Assists team with difficult accounts and escalations.
- Responsible for management of processes, policy, systems, fiduciary and business partnering.
- Continual process improvements including strategy, execution, change management as well as continuation of working towards streamlining the collection and deduction resolution processes.
- Manages, mentors and motivates ITC team members. Performs all aspects of personnel management for direct reports including performance management, training, supervising, coaching in addition to any staff assignment changes as deemed necessary.
- Interacts with all levels of Central's management including senior and executive management and various functional areas.
- Assists in establishing and publishing weekly, monthly and quarterly ITC metrics along with development of the requisite tracking systems.
- Works very closely with audits, both internal and external and manage narratives for SOX compliance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years leadership experience in ITC with track record of process improvement and efficient delivery of services.
- Demonstrated change management skills
- Demonstrated accomplishments in developing and implementing process improvements, effective change management, and measuring the success of desired outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to lead a heavily metric driven organization
- Experience working with large customer base in resolving disputes
- Strong understanding of internal controls including SOX requirements for ITC
- Consumer Products experience, preferred
- Experience in shared service environment, preferred
- Knowledgeable with SAP and/or Prelude or AS400, preferred
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, negotiating and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Other – candidate should have the highest integrity and character, possess finance knowledge and seasoned business sense, convey a strong presence and be a skilled influencer. Must be able to manage process, collaborate cross-functionally and assist with resource modeling and management of 3rd parties using effective vendor management.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website