If you have high energy, are metric driven and want to fill a key role with our Invoice to Cash (ITC) team, keep reading! Central Garden & Pet is searching for someone like you who will ensure timely collection of monies owed to the company, collections of customer delinquent Accounts Receivable balances, and resolution of customer billing issues. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to the strong cash flow of Central Garden & Pet and timely shipment of product to Central Garden & Pet's customer base. Full time employees enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and more!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Works high volume customer collection calls and/or correspondence to collect delinquent customer balances on an assigned customer portfolio
- Collections of disputed/unauthorized customer deductions
- Provides customer service regarding collection issues as it pertains to anything that a customer requests or needs to ensure payment of past due balances.
- Work and continuously monitor the order release queue where customer orders stop for review
- Ensures monthly reporting to direct supervisor with full participation in monthly aging meetings to review the status of the past due balances and aging credits for all accounts within the assigned portfolio.
- Prepare final demand letters and/or work out payment plans for customers with delinquent balances as appropriate. Coordinate the placement of accounts to 3rd party collection agencies on an as needed basis.
- Prepares customer account statements on a monthly basis.
- Processes AR transactions including offsets of debits and credits, offset on account payments against open invoices, etc.
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the ITC Department including supporting internal and external audit requests
- Maintain the integrity of the customers' accounts and the reporting requirements of the company
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 3-5 years of high volume Accounts Receivable and corporate collections, preferred.
- Self-starter that works well in a fast paced environment with firm deadlines; results oriented
- Ability to work in a heavily metric driven organization
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong follow up skills and strong sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and documentation, goal oriented with sound problem solving skills.
- Possess process improvement mindset with a desire to consistently look for ways to improve efficiency and service
- Accountability and reliability
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform multiple tasks effectively and adapt to a changing environment
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Other – candidate should have the highest integrity and character and possess finance experience and business sense. Must be able to follow processes and collaborate cross-functionally
- SAP or other mainframe experience preferred
- Basic understanding of internal controls including SOX requirements preferred
- Consumer products experience preferred
- Experience in shared service environment preferred
- Knowledge of the mechanics of filing claims on bonds and liens preferred
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website