Our Garden Segment is hiring an Inventory Control Lead to work in our facility in Kenbridge, VA. This position requires a qualified candidate to be safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer, and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website at www.central.com. for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Perform work in accordance with established safety policies and procedures; comply with all work rules, standards, instructions and requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace and follow required safety procedures; notify manager of any safety or mechanical issues.
- Safely and efficiently operate forklift while completing daily job tasks.
- Research bin & item issues and correct for inventory integrity.
- Ensure items are in the correct areas to safeguard against picking inefficiencies & quality errors.
- Monitor product test dates to ensure items are all in sellable condition.
- Assist in checking in returns to guarantee accuracy and quickly put away.
- Utilize SAP to initiate/complete cycle counts.
- Work well with coworkers and be flexible in performing a variety of job tasks.
- Able to carry out the above responsibilities and all others that may be assigned in a manner that demonstrates good judgment, common sense, support and adherence to Central's Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures and the Ethics Policy.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 3+ years forklift warehouse experience with current forklift certification; preferred but not necessary to have 3+ years
- Must be able to read, analyze, interpret and make decisions when identifying in-process problems, and have the ability to deal with a variety of job assignments.
- Must be willing to learn SAP software program functions. Previous SAP experience is a plus.
- Manual labor required in position (i.e. lifting 50 lb. bags materials).
- Daily use of industrial equipment (i.e. forklift and other material handling equipment).
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website