The Garden Segment in Atlanta, GA is searching for a Director of Marketing. Our AMDRO brand started off as a product designed to kill fire ants, and over the past 40 years it has expanded to control many other pests around the home. The Director of Marketing - AMDRO will be responsible for building upon this history by developing strategic plans, launching new products, and executing marketing plans. This position takes P&L responsibility and complete ownership of all marketing efforts and activities, champions projects and leads cross-functional teams to ensure execution. The Director of Marketing - AMDRO evaluates category trends and launches new products from concept to market. In addition, this individual will manage the day-to-day operations of the product portfolio including the product life cycle, with two direct reports. This position reports into the Vice President of Garden Marketing and Product Development.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Function as the category expert through understanding and delivering against consumer and customer needs
- Incorporate and anticipate industry trends to develop and execute annual and long-range business plans, including solid analyses that support overall plan recommendations
- Identify, evaluate, and capitalize on brand opportunities to expand into category adjacencies
- Develop business case, plans and coordinate new product launches from concept to market, including product development, packaging, forecasting, and marketing activities
- Plan and execute Budget to manage portfolio P&L, presenting variance, key drivers and recommendations to management
- Lead geographically dispersed cross-functional teams, including, but not limited to, Sales, R&D, Product Development, Operations, Purchasing, Finance, Market Research, Agency, and Legal to champion projects
- Manage project timelines, anticipate deviations from plan, and proactively identify and recommend solutions
- Develop sales tools/materials to optimize impact of the sales organization
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
Bachelor's degree in business or related field, MBA preferred
7-10 years of product management experience
Experience positioning brands for long-term growth
Demonstrated success in the creation and execution of a multi-year new product pipeline
Experience in partnering with Marketing Research to develop learning plans, incorporate custom research, and utilize syndicated data
Exceptional project management skills and experience leading cross-functional teams
Proficient in analyzing/leveraging Sales and Financial data and persuasively presenting findings
Experience presenting to management and sales organizations
Understanding of EPA and state registrations for controls products is a plus
Experience in working with international suppliers
Understands and excels in working in an entrepreneurial environment
Strong organizational and time management/prioritization skills
Strong communication skills; written, oral and formal presentation
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Self-motivator able to deliver satisfactory work under limited supervision
Ability to travel domestically; up to 25% travel required
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website