Central Garden & Pet is on a mission to lead the future of the Garden and Pet industries. With 2020 sales of $2.7B, Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT, CENTA) understands that home is central to life and has proudly nurtured happy and healthy homes for over 40 years. The Company's innovative and trusted products are dedicated to help lawns grow greener, gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. Central is home to a leading portfolio of more than 65 high-quality brands including Pennington, Nylabone, Kaytee, Amdro and Aqueon, strong manufacturing and distribution capabilities and a passionate, entrepreneurial growth culture.
Central Life Sciences (CLS) is a strategic business unit of Central Garden & Pet Company that is dedicated to delivering insect management solutions to a wide array of Business to Business markets. We are searching for a Director of Toxicology to support the toxicological aspects of new product development projects and to provide technical support for existing products in various Life Sciences businesses (Pet Health & Wellness, Equine, and Professional Products).
Reporting to the Vice President , of Research & Development, this position will likely be based from our Dallas, TX laboratory or Schaumburg, IL office.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Manage all aspects of product/active ingredient toxicology relating to companion animals, humans, and environmental & ecological toxicology programs.
- Provide technical support and product information to all Central Life Sciences business unit leaders and employees.
- Serve as a toxicology and scientific consultant on issues in support of the marketing, sales and product development teams.
- Manage all protocol design, study monitoring and preparation of final reports for laboratory and clinical studies.
- Develop and maintain superior relationships with appropriate regulatory agencies and key external clients.
- Represent and defend Company interests at relevant regulatory agencies and trade associations.
- Directorial oversight of laboratories and any external consultants.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- A Doctor of Philosophy degree (or its equivalent) in toxicology with an emphasis in modern biochemistry from an accredited university is required.
- Minimum of 5 years in industrial or regulatory toxicology, with a demonstrated understanding of EPA and FDA regulated products, is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical project management experience required.
- Ability to perform human and ecological risk assessment and modeling tasks are required.
- Ability to apply rigorous scientific research principles to the conducting of clinical studies.
- Must possess expert knowledge and understanding of toxicology and a broad range of biological science disciplines.
- This position requires a high degree of analytical skill in interpreting and applying complex scientific principles. The position also requires the individual to propose and implement meaningful scientific responses to various business issues.
- Must have the superior ability to communicate orally, in writing, or in person, in a proactive and professional manner with internal/external clients with various degrees of scientific knowledge/aptitude.
- Ability to multi-task and meet time-sensitive milestones.
- Confidentiality. The highest degree of integrity and discretion is demanded.
- Regular use of Microsoft Office suite and programs related to field of toxicology (such as exposure and standard risk analysis models).
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- A majority of time is spent in an office environment with a low noise level.
- May occasionally need to lift up to 10 pounds in educational or sales/marketing materials.
- Regular business travel is required to company R&D center, trade association & agency meetings, and professional society meetings . (approximately 10%)
At Central Garden & Pet, we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website