Our Pet Segment is seeking a Grain Receiver to be a part of our Kaytee division based in Chilton, WI. You will be responsible for Doing quality checks, unloading and cleaning grains to meet production needs. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT ), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Perform Quality tests and inspections to ensure incoming materials meet established guidelines.
- Unload railcars and trucks. Receive all grains and put in designated bins.
- Clean and process all incoming grain.
- Helps to regulate inbound and outbound materials to schedule incoming grains with purchasing agent to meet production needs.
- Monitors and records bin and silo inventories daily.
- Keep accurate records of grain movements, inbound materials, samples and clean downs.
- Keep all work areas clean. Maintain a clean truck and railcar area. Sweep and clean up spills on a daily basis.
- Assist with silo clean up and clean out.
- All employees are responsible for reporting food safety issues to those who can initiate corrective actions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Mathematical skills required ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- General mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent attendance record is a must.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes of airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. But higher levels of noise are marked by signs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website