Our Pet Segment is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to be a part of our Kaytee division based in Chilton, WI. You will be responsible for Managing logistics of the inbound/outbound movement of product at the distribution center and responsible for maintaining customer accounts from the distribution center. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT ), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Responsible for checking drivers in at the window, verifying load, and delivery numbers. Record the times the drivers report at the window and log it into the trucking book; manage wait times and communicate with the supervisors anytime a truck is here for more than a half hour.
- Responsible for booking the inbound appointment times with trucking companies making sure not to over book one time slot or shift. Keep an open line of communication with supervisor on inbound/outbound trailers throughout the day.
- Enter orders into specific websites to initiate the logistic process, as well as contact other customers with their pick up information.
- Create bill of ladings.
- Map orders.
- Act as a backup in most aspects to the rest of distribution center office staff.
- Make inbound and outbound appointments.
- Book inbound and outbound freight.
- Check shortages and generate orders as time allows, making sure there are enough orders ran.
- Coordinate claims with Senior Logistics Coordinator for lost or damaged product.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Ability to use a variety of computer software; Excel, Word, SAP, Outlook, etc.
- Problem solving and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed largely in the warehouse office environment.
- Hours of work will generally be during 1st shift hours and average at least 40 hours a week.
- There will be some variation in work hours due to employee shift schedules, special projects, deadlines and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website