Our Pet Segment is searching for a Night Warehouse Supervisor in our Hamilton, NJ location. Benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, free life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k contributions. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Establish production KPIs and manage the workforce to ensure accuracy, quality and productivity metrics are met.
- Strategize labor hours to be used in the most efficient manner to achieve production goals.
- Be responsible for ensuring all associates operate in a safe manner
- Be able to wear multiple hats (HR, Safety, Security, Dispatch).
- Enforce Central's Good Warehousing & Distribution Practices (GWDP) and assist the Warehouse Manager in keeping employees up to date on safety policies and OSHA requirements.
- Completion of all shift orders
- Manage the shipping department ensuring proper consolidation, palletizing of products and loading/inspecting of delivery vehicles.
- Train, coach and motivate all associates on production functions e.g. pulling orders, replenishment, etc.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Three to five years of distribution warehouse management experience with working knowledge of all warehouse activities.
- Experience using WMS (Warehouse Management System) and Voice Picking (VoCollect)/RF Gun equipment.
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish & English).
- Ability to work in and lead a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Associate Degree is a plus, not required.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Work is conducted primarily in a warehouse environment with adequate lighting levels.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Work side by side with team members to ensure success.
Daily use of industrial equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website