Gro Tec Inc. is searching for a Forklift Operator in our Longmont, CO. location. This position requires qualified candidates to transport raw materials and finished goods throughout the facility under the general supervision of the Shipping Manager.
MEASURE OF SUCCESS
- Sign bills of lading for shipping and receiving of materials after verifying material quantities and quality.
- Unload and load trucks per order. Verify all materials being shipped are in good condition before loading.
- Organize and clean the warehouse daily.
- Safely drive a forklift truck to move materials throughout the plant and warehouse.
- Transport finished goods from the line to the warehouse/truck and assure the accuracy of inventory.
- Supply bagging operation with empty bags, pallet materials, and other raw materials as requested.
- Complete a daily maintenance checklist on the forklift and submit work requests to maintenance for completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on time and availability.
- Be able to lift 30-50 cartons.
- Able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is performed in a factory office environment involving either sitting or standing and walking throughout the shift depending on the activity which is being performed.
- The outdoor warehouse is minimally climate-controlled resulting in hot and cold conditions depending on the season.
- The presence of airborne dust may require the use of dust mask respirators depending on the type of product being transported. Employees must be capable of being properly fit to wear a respirator, e.g. No facial hair or significant abnormalities which would prevent an air-tight fit.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier, and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website