Farnam Companies, a division of Central Garden & Pet, is searching for an R&D Project Coordinator to support the development of products for the Farnam (farnam.com), Vita Flex (vitaflex.com), and Horse Health (horsehealth.com) product lines. Reporting to the Director R&D for our FDA & Nutritional Products, the Project Coordinator will play an integral role assisting with the development of new product entities from their inception through commercialization. These development projects might focus on new products, line extensions or existing product enhancements! The Project Coordinator is responsible for influencing, organizing and controlling product development activities under the direction of a Project Manager and Director of R & D. He/she will aim for flawless execution of their portions of projects so organizational skills are paramount! And teamwork will be key! This position is based from our Phoenix, AZ office.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Use project scheduling and control tools (i.e., Microsoft Project) to monitor project plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Set up and track all project tasks in Microsoft Project (MSP)—this will require input from R & D team regarding accountabilities, etc.
- Circulate project timeline, including estimated product launch based on MSP, to all team members for ongoing input and correction
- Monitor all tasks within Microsoft Project and send ‘flag' alerts to team members when a task has fallen behind. This may be R & D, marketing, procurement, regulatory, etc.
- Maintain notes within MSP for each task that has slipped, and why, regardless of accountability
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information and updates to the project team
- Establish working relationships with key personnel within each group involved in product development and launch
- Use project management tools to monitor working hours, budget, plans and money spend
- Monitor status of Project Specification Manuals and track/request required information
- Initiate and monitor specification changes for R & D and marketing as needed
- Maintain archives of all pertinent aspects of completed projects (on-line and hard copies)
- Quarterly Updates: Request updates from R & D team and format
- Liaison between marketing and R & D for all activities
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- BS/BA in a Related Field, preferably with an emphasis in science
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Project Managers in the delivery of development projects
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Project and the MS Office Suite of products
- Proven project coordinator or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of the animal supplement industry desired
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to effectively operate in a team environment with both internal and external collaborators: Research and Development, Engineering, Marketing, Technical Services, Formulations, Analytical Chemistry, Regulatory Affairs, Production, and other areas as necessary to assure all activities needed to develop a product are completed on schedule.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment; collaborative team player; the Project Coordinator must be able to work effectively with individuals for which he or she has no direct authority, but whose cooperation is essential to achieve expected results.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Detail orientated; able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner
This position is based in a quiet, professional, corporate office environment. Incumbent will interact with various departments within the office and will be using computer software, keyboard and mouse. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimal travel. May occasionally need to lift up to 25 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website