Come join the team at Kaytee in Chilton, where you have the opportunity to work with products for birds, hamsters, rabbits and other small animals. We offer a clean work environment with free uniforms, onsite fitness center and an onsite Health & Wellness clinic for employees and their families. Other benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, free life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k contributions, along with a yearly profit sharing bonus. Our Pet Segment is seeking a Full Time, 2nd Shift Receiving and Cleaning Operator to be a part of our Central Specialty Pet Division based out of Chilton, WI. Your primary role will be to process incoming loads of grain and pellets, operate cleaning mills and gravity tables, and monitor and maintains bulk grain inventory levels to meet the needs of Pet and Wild Bird. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Test and unload rail cars and trucks. Receive all grains and put in designated bins.
- Clean and process all incoming grain.
- Performs quality control sampling, checks and test.
- Regulates inflow of materials and observes outflow to ensure attainment of specified product, when operating continuous mills.
- Keep accurate production records.
- Maintains inventory transactions in SAP and on spread sheets.
- Drive tractor to transport grain to other locations. Provide assignments to drivers.
- Keep all work areas clean and swept up. Maintain a clean truck and rail car area.
- Assist in silo clean up and clean out.
- Responsible for reporting any Food Safety issues to authorized personnel for correction.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Mathematical skills required – ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, use fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to climb and work in elevated areas.
- General mechanical aptitude.
- Previous computer experience a plus (SAP, Excel and Word).
- Ability to communicate with employees in a manner promoting a “team” work environment.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent bending, lifting and twisting.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a cleaning mill environment.
- Some work will be performed outdoors in varying weather conditions (cold/heat).
- Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and average at least 40 hours a week.
- There will be some variation in work hours due to employee shift schedules, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website