Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Our Central Life Sciences Agricultural Products Division is focused on delivering insect management solutions for challenging pests in livestock, grain storage and processing, horticulture, turf, along with ant control in food crops. We have an outstanding opportunity available for a Regional Sales Manager on our livestock feed additives team. The successful individual will be responsible for sales and account management along with leading market planning and product adoption in their assigned area. This role is a remote, home-office based field sales position. Desirable candidates will most likely be based in the Kansas City area.
We need organized individuals who can follow through on key business opportunities for insect management solutions to the livestock industry. The regional manager will implement successful business development plans in concert with corporate objectives, supporting key accounts, reporting on market and competition, as well as, develop a full market assessment for our product portfolio in assigned areas. The regional manager represents Central Life Sciences at key industry associations, trade shows, dealer and producer meetings and in various industry seminars. More product information can be found at www.AltosidIGR.com , www.CentralFlyControl.com, or www.centrallifesciences.com .
Please see our corporate web site for additional company information; all interested applicants must apply online at our “careers” page – www.centrallifesciences.com.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Work with sales director and business managers to achieve target market development and sales targets in assigned area for feed additive cattle products.
- Report market conditions and competitive environment to the management team.
- Develop market adoption strategies/tactics that are in alignment with Central Life Sciences vision/mission/objectives for cattle feed additive products in assigned area and/or accounts.
- Partner with key accounts in developing market adoption strategies that enable highest market share adoption in shortest amount of time.
- Implement account and regional business plans that achieve sales objectives.
- Manage company resources for highest ROFE (return on funds expended): expenses, marketing funds, advertising guidance, company equipment, etc.
- Complete administrative and reporting responsibilities as requested.
- Quarterly reviews Market and Key Account Business Plans and modifies to achieve best results.
- Report monthly on variance against budgets volumes/expenses and sales activities.
- Actively participate in key industry associates, trade shows, seminars, and meetings.
- Provide director of sales and business manager with continual marketplace feedback, product management suggestions, product sales forecasts, and key business opportunities.
- Partner with regulatory and technical development teams to assure most effective customer solutions for product sales. Assists in product development as it relates to customers and marketplace.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- BS/BA degree in Animal Science, Agribusiness, Agronomy, Ag Economics, Ag Education, Entomology, or other related scientific degree.
- 8+ years sales experience in Life Sciences Industry; preferably in the feed, Agrichemicals, swine or livestock.
- Proven successful sales results
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong Field based marketing and business planning skills
- Core background in sciences: chemistry, biology, nutrition and entomology
- High energy and enthusiasm for market development and business growth
- Ability to thrive in fast paced work environment
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Overnight travel approximately 70%: frequent car and airline travel; hotel sleep accommodations
- Attendance at National and State Trade meetings; presentations for product training and producer meetings
- Home office conditions when not actively traveling in region. Variation in work hours is necessary due to employee and customer schedules, special projects, deadlines and other business activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website