Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Our Central Life Sciences Agricultural Products Division is focused on delivering insect management solutions for challenging pests in grain storage and processing, livestock, horticulture, turf, along with ant control in food crops. We have an outstanding opportunity available for a Regional Sales Manager to follow through on key business opportunities for insect management solutions to the grain industry.
The Regional Manager will implement successful business development plans in concert with corporate objectives, supporting key accounts, reporting on market conditions and competition, as well as develop a full market assessment for our product portfolio in assigned areas. The Regional Manager represents Central Life Sciences at key industry associations, trade shows, dealer and producer meetings, and in various industry seminars. This role is a remote, home-office based field sales position. Desirable candidates will be located in the Orlando, Tampa, Gainesville, or Jacksonville areas of Florida.
More product information can be found at www.centrallifesciences.com and please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Serves as account lead for major grain and processor accounts.
- Reports market conditions and competitive environment to management team.
- Develops market adoption strategies/tactics that enable highest market share adoption in the shortest time frame in concert with Central Life Sciences vision/mission/objectives for fire ant control in food crops, turf/pasture and challenging pest in nursery/horticulture with products Extinguish, Extinguish Plus, ProBait, Tango, Leaf Saver Ant Bait, Mavrik AquaFlow, Enstar A Q, PBO-8, and Crop Spray.
- Leads the development and implementation of the field sales action plan with specialty team in order to achieve sales objectives.
- Manages company resources for highest ROFE (return on funds expended): expenses, marketing funds, advertising guidance, company equipment, etc.
- Completes administrative and reporting responsibilities as requested.
- Quarterly reviews Market Business Plans and modifies to achieve best results.
- Reports monthly on product movement/expenses and sales activities.
- Actively participates in key industry associates, trade shows, seminars, and meetings.
- Provides Director of Sales and Business Manager continual marketplace feedback, product management suggestions, product sales forecasts, and key business opportunities
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's degree in Agribusiness, Agronomy, Ag Economics, Ag Education, Entomology, Chemistry, Grain Sciences and Processing or related degree.
- 8+ years sales experience in technical sales management in Agriculture Industry; preferably in stored grain and processing markets.
- Proven successful sales results.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong Field based marketing and business planning skills.
- Core background in sciences: chemistry, biology, grain processing and handling, entomology.
- Overnight travel 70%+
- Dealer, local, regional and national trade shows and meetings
- Presentations for product training and educations to distributor, dealer, grower, grain storage and processors.
- Frequent contact with key Specialty product distributors customers and branch locations
- High energy and enthusiasm for market development, business growth.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced work environment and achieve demanding sales expectations.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website