Our Pet Segment is seeking Warehouse Operators to be a part of our Kaytee division based in Elgin, IL. You will be responsible for warehouse activity involving the movement of inventory, filling customer orders and loading product onto trailers in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. You will be responsible for the accurate and complete inventory movements and filling orders. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Operates LP powered industrial forklift, pallet movers, stand up trucks and may operate shrink-wrap machine.
- Operates any material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Maintains material handling equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunction
- Performs material movements from bin to bin for put away, picking or replenishment.
- Receives pick tickets from warehouse coordinator and read's order number, size, color and quantity of merchandise.
- Picks customer orders for shipment ensuring that the correct number and type of products are selected.
- Carries or transports orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery.
- May organize items on pallet by unit.
- May assist in placing incoming items in inventory.
- May conduct physical inventories as required.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous reach truck or forklift experience is preferred
- Ability to earn forklift operator's license (will train and certify).
- Basic math knowledge with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities.
- Proven computer skills.
- Should have good hand/eye coordination to operate controls.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without accommodations.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Work temperatures can vary due to outside temperatures.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours (on each respective shift) and average at least 40 hours a week.
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website