Come join the team at Kaytee in Chilton, where you have the opportunity to work with products for birds, hamsters, rabbits and other small animals. We offer a clean work environment with free uniforms, onsite fitness center and an onsite Health & Wellness clinic for employees and their families. Other benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, free life and disability insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k contributions, along with a yearly profit sharing bonus. Our Pet Segment is seeking a Warehouse Associate on 2nd shift to be a part of our Kaytee division based in Chilton, WI. You will be responsible for accurately picking and preparing orders, unloading trucks, loading trucks, and moving material throughout the facility. This position will also be responsible for some inventory functions including cycle counts. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets.
Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Safely, accurately and efficiently operate forklift (sit-down/stand-up) and/or handcart.
- Accurately complete RF scanner functions affecting inventory, and paperwork.
- Move product to appropriate storage locations.
- Load trucks (as assigned).
- Unload trucks (as assigned).
- Pick Orders (as assigned).
- Ability to operate forklift throughout the facility safely.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Understand and support the goals and objectives of the department.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting any Food Safety issues to authorized personnel for correction.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Previous forklift (sit-down/stand-up) or handcart experience (preferred).
- Comfortable with the use of an RF Scanner (will train).
- Must be able to perform basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to lift/handle up to 30 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Must have the ability to lift/handle 31-60 lbs. on a moderate basis.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently.
- A Kaytee certification in forklift driving is required (will train).
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and work in a team environment.
- Must have solid organizational skills.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment.
- Warehouse temperatures can vary due to outside temperatures.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours (on each respective shift) and average at least 40 hours a week.
- There may be some variation in work hours due to overtime, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website