Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Our Pet Segment is searching for a first shift Warehouse Coordinator at our Franklin, WI location. The Warehouse Coordinator verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Our offices are conveniently located in the Franklin Business Park within minutes of local restaurants and stores.
In addition to great pay and work environment, employees are eligible for discounts on pet products, Verizon and AT&T cell phone discounts, yearly gym membership reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with match! You will also receive free life and disability coverage and discounts on movie tickets, sporting events, travel and more. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Utilizes SAP to prepare delivery notes, process picking orders for warehouse associates and review and enter completed orders.
- In a timely and accurate manner, review counts and weighs of all incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Unpacks, examines, and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Able to receive and process all defective parts returned for replacement or credit. (RMA).
- Determines method and mode of shipment to customer requirements.
- Posts weights, shipping charges and affixes postage.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Utilize pallet jacks
- Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 2-3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in the use of computer software required to support work including Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Plant environment with periodic visits to the office area.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Noise level in the work environment varies with specific areas requiring hearing protection.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website