We are searching for an experienced Warehouse Operator for our Greenfield, Missouri location. This position requires qualified candidates to be safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT and CENTA), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Get load ready prior to truck arrival (whenever possible).
- Use proper bar coding procedures on all staging, loading and movements of items.
- Ensure labels are correct. (ASN Labels)
- Load trucks properly and properly scale trucks - this is to assure shipment arrives at their destination in good condition.
- Provide completed paperwork: count sheet, bill of lading with lot numbers and quantity of each product shipped and received.
- Be a team player; work well with other departments.
- Keep the truck dock area and truck staging area clean.
- Maintain forklift and paperwork daily.
- Use wheel chocks on every load.
- Employee is expected to work in other areas if necessary.
- Work closely with the Load Planner on upcoming loads.
- Work with the Warehouse and Scale Room for proper location of seed, and the area needed for staging or receiving a load.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Be able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Be able to lift at least 55 pounds.
- Be able to work in an environment that is stressful and maintain composure.
- Be familiar with the details of truck loading and unloading as well as boxcars.
- Be able to work with others and maintain a mature composure.
- Be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Full-time position in a warehouse distribution facility.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website