CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The CDN Architect will assume a leadership role within the Global Network Technology team. The role
will consist of defining the vision and strategy for the CenturyLink CDN network which includes a globally distributed set of servers and software capable of delivering more than 70Tbps. Duties will include hardware selection, strategic documentation, financial analysis, working with the CenturyLink product team to create and define new services, and communication of this strategy throughout the entire organization. The ideal candidate will have a mix of server hardware and software systems background and will need to be a great motivator who can thrive in a fast-changing environment, with consistent drive to find ways to improve architecture, technology, share his or her expertise and inspire fellow employees.Job Description
- Lead, define and manage initiatives and projects to develop new CDN architecture models
- (e.g. Strategic Roadmaps, Technology Strategies & Roadmaps, architecture positions on new technologies, and end-to-end system requirements)
- Lead and manage the innovation pipeline and technology processes toward forward-looking strategies in support of the business strategy
- Define, assess and evaluate alternative solutions to ensure alignment with target architectures and industry standards evolution
- Ensure alignment of projects with agreed Strategic Roadmaps and Target Architectures
- Review of solution architectures against compliance with both existing and emerging industry standards
- Evaluate the strategic contribution of projects and alignment with overall strategies and architectures
- Participate in industry standards forums and processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in a technical role, including 4+ years of Content Distribution Network architectural design
- Knowledge of one or more of the following (preferred): DNS, HTTP, BGP, and Anycast
- Experience architecting large-scale, business-critical, highly-distributed software
- Database experience and knowledge a plus
- Advanced IP (Internet) networking and systems knowledge
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 216511
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website