CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Planner II - Fiber Engineering Technician
Responsible for evaluating and planning optimal network capacity utilization and design requirements. Ensures efficient and timely deployment or removal of equipment, meeting customer demand through analyzing current network designs, port/route consumption trends, new technologies and future opportunities for augmentation. Assimilates various internal and external customer requirements, creates new network capacity solutions, assembles the required equipment augment costs and budgets and participates in the overall network augment approval and trigger process. Undertakes specific network simplification and network enablement projects. Responsible for identifying/communicating process and procedural gaps, as well as driving closure on problematic orders. Works under periodic supervision. Performs basic tasks and some projects of moderate complexity. Relies on established guidelines and or detailed direction. Work will familiarize employee with programs and practices of the company. OSP background is a requirement.Job Description
• Documents - Understanding detailed technical methodology for installation of network equipment of moderate complexity, including written directions, graphical equipment layouts, and equipment topology.
• Ensures all capacity constraints are identified such that all due dates are met and potential issues identified with proposed solutions.
• Assists in requirements, development, implementation and use of reporting procedures and methodologies to analyze network utilization and predicts growth trends under periodic supervision.
• Understands current network configuration and technology to ensure capacity and efficiency of the planned designs.
• Prepares status/progress reports and updates management on projects. May participate in development of reports under general supervision.
• May assist with the evaluation of new products to enable new service introduction, cost savings, and /or performance utilization.
• May participate in development of reports under general supervision. May participate in cross functional teams to better understand the architecture and operations of the network with periodic supervision.
• Provide Fiber assignments, identify fiber constraint, estimate build costs and initiate Construction for building adds..Qualifications
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
• Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or 3-4 years of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as:
* Job experience in similar industry Outside Plant Fiber Installation
* Job experience with similar essential duties
• Field Of Study: Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
• A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
• Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Strong data/economic analysis skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Detail oriented with an intense focus on quality
• Proven track record as adept and effective project manager
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and communications skills
• Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio and SQL
• Positive and professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor
• Solid entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience in an engineering role that included a substantial business/financial focus (preferred)Education Masters or Equivalent Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Texas-El Paso
Requisition #: 220799
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website