CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Prepare and process daily engineering installation orders, and coordinate with freight carriers and installers delivery scheduling, shipment tracking, and problem resolution. Perform fulfillment activities associated with picking, packing and shipping daily. Manage all equipment and supplies inventory as needed for item and order packing. Maintain established productivity standards utilizing metrics to monitor progress in all assigned duties
Able to provide clear and concise oral and written communications to internal and external customers. Actively provides feedback and assures information is timely, accurate and relevant. Occasional internal contact with order initiator (requestor) and consignee as required for clarification, expedite order requests, order status pertaining to part requests, purchase and de-install orders.
Performs daily cycle counts and stock replenishment to forward pick or inventory stocking locations. Opens and seals crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers associated with product verification for receiving, inventory and shipping. Collect, sort, receipt, store and distribute materials associated with daily returns and de-installed equipment. Perform on-call after-hours duty for emergency service outages.
Perform all transactions in the warehouse management system, which requires learning the system and operation quickly. Identify exceptions in the returns process, investigate and request assistance as necessary to complete receipts accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform daily cycle counts and inventory reconciliations matching physical inventory counts to SAP on hand-balances. Review and investigate system variances via SAP transactional history research and make appropriate system corrections/updates to sync SAP inventory balances. Restock/replenish inventory stocking and forward picking locations including warehouse restack and product relocations. Perform all inventory bin transfers and transactional updates in SAP system to complete material movement to the final location.
- Load and unload materials as required confirming shipments against load BOL's. Open crates, boxes, cartons, and other containers and validate part numbers, quantities and serial numbers against the material pack list. Perform material receipt transactions in SAP system to close the open receipt line and show material received in the warehouse. Store receipted material in storage location and complete SAP system transaction confirming material is stored in an assigned storage location. Identify exceptions such as shipping errors from vendors, and initiate the exception process.
- Pick orders from daily requisitions and complete SAP system transactions confirming parts, quantities, and serial numbers being removed from on-hand inventory. Verify, pack and create associated shipment documents and ship orders utilizing UPS WorldShip for parcel shipments or freight carriers LTL shipments. This requires continuously monitoring queue in the system, and occasionally working exceptions through the process.
- Receive RMA, de-install and field returns. Validate part, qty and serial number against return paperwork and process receipt transaction in the Equipment Return Tool and SAP systems using the determination from the tool to properly receive into Stock, Spares, Excess, or Recycle. Determine and diagnose item or serial number issues and errors impacting system receipt and processing and use notification tool to record and communicate existing issues. Review SAP item transactional history to apply corrective actions or request additional assistance.
- Perform periodic on-call after hours shipment requests. Required to lookup requested items in SAP systems and perform necessary system/order transactions to correctly remove items for shipment. Perform customer service activities including written and verbal communication to resolve customer issues and requests such as order disposition, expedited shipping, freight/parcel issues.
- High School/GED
- A minimum of 1-2 years warehouse experience is required, including operating directly in the warehouse management system
- Proficient in computer systems knowledge and skills, as well as experience with Outlook, Excel and Word applications
- Familiarity and experience in warehouse fundamentals including knowledge of basic practices, and procedures of material receipt, order fulfillment, RMA returns and inventory management
- Must be able to operate a forklift, load and unload materials, and have the ability to lift up 50 lbs.
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to work individually or within a team, and have the ability to monitor and work from logical inventory work queues.
- Capable of identifying items by manufacturers. part number and serial number when applicable.
- Must have good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills and good oral and written communication skills..
- Must be flexible in job tasks, and have the ability to perform on-call and call out duties 24 X 7 on a rotational basis
- Ability to learn systems and processes quickly, and to communicate effectively to address issues
- Experienced working in large volume distribution centers
- Experienced with SAP and SAP WM systems
- Experience and knowledgeable handling telecommunications materials and equipment
Alternate Location: US-Texas-Dallas
Requisition #: 221810
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website