CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The primary focus will be to create monthly journal entries, perform complex cash reconciliations in BlackLine, and provide guidance as a leader in the Cash Accounting group. Candidate will also assist in creating and enhancing formal processes and procedures over cash accounting that govern our North American organization. Significant collaboration with Treasury, International Accounting, Cash Applications, Accounts Payable, and Intercompany Accounting to research issues, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions.The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for recording, reconciling, and reporting on large and complex cash accounts on a timely basis.
- Mentor and support team members to help ensure monthly close deadlines are consistently met while ensuring accuracy.
- Assist in identifying and developing process improvements.
- Assist Cash Accounting Manager with planning, resource utilization, and various projects as assigned.
- Provide support to ongoing projects to enhance system processing and bank transaction file accuracy.
- Prepare documentation and analysis to respond to internal and external requests.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience, with at least one year in an organization with a large ERP accounting system such as SAP or Oracle.
- Prior experience with large and complex cash reconciliations required
- CPA designation is helpful
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 224933
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website