CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink is hiring for a Lead SEC Reporting role in Broomfield, CO.The Main Responsibilities
- Manage the preparation of the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Forms 10-Q and 10-K and manage the internal and external review for these documents
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly earnings release filing (8-K)
- Create and maintain SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: segment tables, drafts and 10-Q and 10-K
- Manage the XBRL process during the 10-Q and 10-K filings
- Manage the preparation of the year end and quarter Embarq Corp and Subs Bondholder Reports
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
- Assist with compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirement
- Train staff on new developments and new technology
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent education and relevant experience.
- Minimum 6-8 years of related experience and advanced degree preferred.
- 3-7 years of SEC external reporting experience
- CPA license is preferred
- 3-7 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- Strong accounting acumen and knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong project management experience
- Must have the ability to interact with C-level executives, operations and external auditors
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 225232
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website