CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
We have an immediate opening for a Lead Tax Analyst responsible for providing tax compliance support, including review and some preparation of transaction tax returns. This position will also oversee the companys sales and use tax system in SAP and ensure the accuracy of sales tax payments to vendors and use tax accruals. The role provides support to the Manager of Transaction Tax Compliance. In addition, this position will be assigned various projects associated with state and local taxes including tax research and data analysis.Job Description
- Prepare and review tax returns with an emphasis on sales, use, E911, gross receipts, municipal franchise, business license, and other similar returns.
- Maintain correct tax rules for the payment of sales taxes to vendors and accrual of use taxes in the companys ERP system, monitor taxes on a monthly basis and make recommendations for adjustments including proposed journal entries.
- Perform state sales and use tax research when needed to ensure state conformity.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of tax filings.
- Respond timely to notices received from state and local taxing authorities.
- Ability to identify automation opportunities and implement identified strategies.
- Maintain compliance with corporate policies that are determined by management.
- Assist the Manager of Transaction Tax Compliance in developing tax policies that are consistent with management's business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Minimum of 5 years of accounting or tax related work experience.
Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Proficient in Excel
Organization and Analytical skills
Ability to handle challenges.
Masters in Tax or Finance
Experience in Tax return preparation.
Working knowledge of Alteryx, Vertex and SAP.
Knowledge of telecommunications industry and taxation.
Ability to work under pressure in a high -performance environment.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 219079
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website