CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Operations Technician II monitors and maintains the CenturyLink Broadbandnetwork. The role is as a Subject Matter Expert. Strong working knowledge with advanced technical skills and serves as a lead or primary technical resource.
Opens trouble tickets and works the repair of network equipment/facilities with field operations, tech support and other work groups. Knows equipment specific maintenance procedures and can assist field ops in card swaps and equipment restoration. Takes the lead in driving equipment and facility repair. In depth knowledge of Broadband and Ethernet network topologies. Can make final go/no-go decisions on maintenance based on current network status. Analyzes network events and identifies critical issues, setting appropriate priorities to maintain 99.9999% network reliability. Able to follow MOPs, anticipate problems, and take corrective action proactively. Understands and researches technical issues through vendor documentation. Has thorough understanding of telecom, network topology and CenturyLink repair procedures. Works with minimal supervision in NOC environment, sometimes for extended hours and is available to work all hours in a 24x7 environment. Communicates effectively with peers, other CenturyLink centers, off-net providers and customers.Job Description
- Maintain excellent acknowledgement and response time to alarms and customer calls.
- Provide high quality documentation of network failures and maintenance activity.
- Establish factual data to allow management and vendors to understand the problem and prevent reoccurrence.
- Verify that network subsystems are operating within standards by gathering and analyzing system performance data.
- Propose and implement solutions to identified problems.
- Work with vendors to resolve problems and hold them to a high standard of performance.
- Analyze, diagnose, sectionalize, isolate, and resolve trouble situations.
- Manage and correlate multiple trouble reports.
- Communicate with internal customers and others in a repair situation.
- Provide Tier I/II support in platforms supported
- Manage and guide restoration bridges during outage conditions
- Provide direct support to technicians in restoration activities associated with alarm and/or outage conditions of Broadband elements
- Interact with all Tier repair teams. Initiate internal/external escalations, as necessary.
- Aid peers and participate in ongoing repair process improvement activities
- Provide follow up and closure of assigned trouble tickets
- Provide direct training to technicians and participate in ongoing repair process improvement activities.
- Works in x 7x24 environment and may need to work evenings, nights and/or weekends
- Associate degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
- 5 - 7 years related experience in specific area or equivalent
- May require technical certification
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Apopka
Requisition #: 217520
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website