CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Performs a variety of warehousing and transportation tasks to meet Internal and External Customer and Business Unit service requirements including: operational management of transportation service providers (parcel, courier, LTL, all truckload modes, hazardous materials carriers, scheduled routes, cross dock operators), freight billing, vendor non-compliance issues and warehousing operations both directly and through third-party providers, in accordance with contract requirements and documented procedures.Interfaces with numerous CenturyLink internal and external customers and vendors. Develop and implement recommendations for operational, process and systems solutions to meet customer service level requirements of warehouse operations, shipping, transportation, carrier management and freight management activities. Identifies and resolves performance issues, develops root-cause analyses and corrective action plans to ensure internal customer satisfaction.Job Description
- Required to quickly and efficiently prioritize and resolve shipping problems and issues that may involve packaging, damage, loss, late or miss-delivered shipments, billing errors, and hazardous materials.
- Perform exemplary Customer Service including written and verbal communication in resolving distressed shipments and internal customer issues and requests such as order disposition, expedited shipping, freight/parcel claims management, freight payment services and vendor issues and the resolution of disputed claims. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Detailed understanding of parcel, common carrier and dedicated route operations, including systems, procedures and applicable federal DOT, EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Conducts audits and reconcilliation of inventory, receiving, putaway, shipping and cycle count transactions in accordance with documented processes and procedures and implements corrective action plans.
- Responsible for trouble shooting, addressing and correcting non-compliant Supplier activity and performance.
- Familiarity and experience with Supply Chain Fundamentals including knowledge of CenturyLink Supply Chain Management practices and procedures specific to inventory management, sourcing, purchasing and returns supporting all business units.
- Performs short and long term planning strategies to include immediate and/or phased action plans for high impact, high valued projects. Manages planned strategy with a heightened focus on effective process and procedure execution.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining productivity and performance reports, trend analysis and delivering to expected SLAs.
- 5+ years related experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Supply Chain and Forecasting experience
- Experience with building and operating forecasting models
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Analytical / problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and solve issues
- Strong computer skills including Access, Excel, and Microsoft Windows programs
- Capable of multitasking between multiple system applications and vendors
- Ability to maintain accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to organize workload and quickly adapt to change as business needs require
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Approachable demeanor with professional relationship-building skills
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition #: 219309
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website