Job Title: President - Mortgage CUSO
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
At Chartway, helping our members achieve their dreams is our business. Through living Chartway's vision, mission, and values, our employees serve our communities to make their lives more affordable. Whether you want to work in leadership or you're just getting started, we invite you to join our team.
The President of the Mortgage CUSO is responsible for the overall leadership in development and management of the mortgage business operated under a subsidiary Credit Union Service Organization of Chartway Federal Credit Union. This role includes strategy positioning, development, management and execution of plans required in maintaining as successful and profitable growth oriented mortgage business. The position will focus on business / market growth with exemplary support provided throughout all sales / fulfillment / servicing functions in addition to the utilization and maintenance of innovative solutions in systems, process and organizational culture. Chartway offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates must have a good credit history for consideration. Salary requirements must be included and resumes must be accompanied by a Chartway Employment Application for consideration.
Qualifications include the following:
- Strong business acumen with comprehensive knowledge and experience in real estate lending, ensuring loans are underwritten, fulfilled and serviced in accordance with internal and secondary market standards and guidelines.
- Ability to collaborate and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners, investors, and owners in all related business functions to ensure alignment in meeting the goals and objectives of all stakeholders.
- Ability to recruit and retain highly effective team members complemented with a training and development program to ensure that continued educational and advancement opportunities are available to all team members.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to underwriters, loan originators, processors and closers in order to enhance volume, accuracy and efficiency while maintaining a superior member, customer and employee experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain as a subject matter expert an effective Compliance Program with timely implementation of all operational and investor-required regulatory changes, as well as actively-led initiatives to ensure compliance in all related business functions.
- Ability to evaluate business performance and trends against SLA targets and market / industry benchmarks initiating opportunity for ongoing improvements in underwriting and operational productivity and efficiencies.
- Ability to understand and apply industry knowledge in response to shifting market indicators, external environmental drivers and/or competitor positioning initiating timely adjustments in product offerings and service capabilities to meet business objectives and effectively serve the needs of internal/external partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain a current comprehensive knowledge of all mortgage processes and procedures as directed by state and national organizations (e.g., Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and VA) and related federal laws and regulations, including those originating from the CFPB to ensure business practices reflect strict compliance with applicable and consumer related regulatory guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills required along with proficiency in use and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective presentation and strong organizational skills required in the ability to collaborate, manage and expand relationships across the organization and all operating markets
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field. MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 + years' experience in a strategic real estate lending role with multi-state organization and strong background in mortgage sales, underwriting, fulfillment, servicing and compliance. Experience in building and developing a successful mortgage business strongly preferred.
Chartway offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates must have a good credit history for consideration. Salary requirements must be included and resumes must be accompanied by a Chartway Employment Application for consideration.
Chartway Federal Credit Union is an EOE/M/F/ Disability/Vet Employer.
Apply on company website