Job Title: Financial Solutions Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
At Chartway, helping our members achieve their dreams is our business. Through living Chartway's vision, mission, and values, our employees serve our communities to make their lives more affordable. Whether you want to work in leadership or you're just getting started, we invite you to join our team.
The Financial Solutions Specialist reports to the Member Solutions Center Manager, and is responsible for providing exceptional service experiences in a fast paced call center environment. Team members are accountable for first call resolution by accurately resolving member inquires through the extension of credit union product and service solutions. All experiences delivered should positively contribute to the channels achievement of sales and service performance objectives. Specialist may interact with members by telephone, email or chat.
Responsible and Accountable for:
- Consistently delivering an exceptional member experience as measured by the credit union
- Responsibilities include delivering energetic service through multiple media types; telephone, emails and chat.
- Producing a pro-rata portion of assigned sales goals
- Demonstrating the ability to optimize member contacts by meeting immediate need and uncovering additional opportunities to serve the member
- Utilizing “available” time efficiently, consistently maintaining low “work” and “unavailable” percentages while meeting interaction performance standards
Complying with all member verification processes and transaction processing guidelines to mitigate risk and protect the member and the credit union for fraud or loss.
- Sales and service responsibilities include identifying opportunities to sell credit union products; meeting/exceeding aggressive sales, cross-sell and funding goals; providing prompt, accurate and courteous responses to members; making financial recommendations; processing various complex financial transactions; effectively educating members basic financial literacy components and Chartway's products and services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess superior organizational skills that enable accurate and efficient service and sales experiences.
- Possess superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the knowledge required to educate and guide members through the membership, account and loan application process up to and including closing.
- Possess excellent listening and communication skills.
- Self-motivated to meet aggressive sales goals and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to act as a problem solver, information provider and liaison between members and various internal departments.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to effectively move between communication tools-telephone, email and chat- as demand presents.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic that supports organizational values and demands the highest standard of conduct from self and others.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Some college preferred but high school education or equivalent GED acceptable.
- Experience: Two to three years of sales and customer service preferably in a financial institution contact/call center environment.
Chartway offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates must have a good credit history for consideration. Salary requirements must be included and resumes must be accompanied by a Chartway Employment Application for consideration.
Chartway Federal Credit Union is an EOE/M/F/ Disability/Vet Employer.
Apply on company website