Job Title: Collector
Job Type: Part-time
Location: South Jordan, Utah
Responsible to the Collections Manager for the efficient processing of assigned accounts. Contacts customers who are delinquent and obtain past due payments, commitment agreements or establish a repayment plan.
Responsible and Accountable for:
* Assists in areas as directed by management.
* Consistently and accurately document all information pertaining to accounts.
* Councils members with financial issues and refer to Balance when appropriate.
* Has knowledge and understanding of Chartway Federal Credit Union collections policies, procedures, organization and philosophy.
* Maintains a basic understand of bankruptcy laws.
* Recommends CU approved Workout Program for delinquent accounts
* Responsible for processing all collection department payments via Western Union, Electronic Cash Management (ACH and CC payment Site).
* Responsible for the daily processing of collection letters, certified mail letters and incoming mail for the department
* Skip trace by performing investigative activities to evaluate and determine the whereabouts of members through database searches and system records using OTG documents, CU approved sites and credit reports.
* Submits repo and foreclosure letters and enter approved repo letters into RDN.
* Submits legal packets to Loss Mitigation Department for referral to attorney.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to compute basic math calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
* Ability to correspond in a professional manner using Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentially.
* Ability to negotiate payment terms and methods when the right party is reached. The process requires reviewing the account information in database and/or asking probing questions.
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task.
* Must be able to maintain composure with difficult or irate customers.
* Ability to attend all required Credit Union meetings and successfully complete all required training classes.
* Ability to understand and be aware of possible suspicious activities or transactions by members or by employees, directors, executives, or officers of the credit Union. Promptly notify management as required by credit union policy if unusual activity is observed which could be an indication of financial crime or efforts to evade reporting requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act or other laws and regulations.
Education and Experience:
* Education: High school education or equivalent GED.
* Experience: Prefer 1 year of previous collection or equivalent experience.
Chartway offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates must have a good credit history for consideration. Salary requirements must be included and resumes must be accompanied by a Chartway Employment Application for consideration.
Chartway Federal Credit Union is an EOE/M/F/ Disability/Vet Employer.
Apply on company website