Click here to Learn More about a Career with Chartwells Higher Education
Location: Must reside in any of these States: MI, IL, IN, KY, TN or AR
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
As a District Chef you will be responsible for supporting the Sr. Regional Chef with hiring and training executive chefs at all units. You will play a key role in new facility design and roll out, menu creation, cost reduction, establishing and maintaining culinary standards and more. In addition, you will be an Ambassador for MenuWorks and will oversee the region champions.
- Maintains all Culinary Programs and Standards across the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Provides support for new account openings and/or renovations within the region
- Assists with training, coaching and development of Culinary personnel within assigned territory
- Completes all required reports, logs, and Core Culinary Reviews in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively with Sr. Regional Chef, unit level Executive Chefs and other stakeholders via email, confererence calls, etc.
- Reads and complies with policies and procedures of Compass as appropriate
- Provide a high level of quality and service at all points of contact
- Additional duties as assigned
- Culinary degree preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Services Technology/Management/or related field preferred
- Three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Experience with planning and managing catering events, from a culinary perspective
- Strong leadership skills and desire to work with an industry leader
- Ability to travel approx 75% within this East Central geography
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, departmental, customer and associate levels
- ServSafe® or Department of Health Certification
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Apply on company website