Provides indirect care in the department setting. Monitors cardiac rhythms via direct cardic screen or telemetry monitors. Meets communication needs of the department. Maintains integrity of cardiac monitoring system and validates accuracy of cardiac rhythm interpretation. Basic expectations are:
1. That the appropriate monitoring equipment be available for constant use, and maintained 24 hours daily.
2. That the Monitor Tech is knowledgeable and skillful in the use of cardiac monitoring equipment, and able to provide immediate interpretation of cardiac rhythms, particularly those of clinical significance to individual patients and relay this information to the appropriate caregiver in a timely fashion.
3. That telemetry findings be fully documented and fully reviewed by medical and nursing staff responsible for the care of monitored patients.
Education: • High school graduate or GED equivalent.
• Medical terminology or experience preferred.
• Successful completion of cardiac dysrhythmia course.
Experience: • Previous monitor technician and/or direct patient care experience preferred
Licenses/Certificates: Current BLS, Successful completion of cardiac dysrythmia test
Apply on company website