Chevron is accepting online applications for the Fitness Center Coordinator position through December 9th, 2019 at 11:59p.m. (Pacific Time Zone).
This position is part of the Health, Environment, and Safety Division at the Richmond Refinery and works out of the Fitness Center located onsite. The individual acts as a resource for all employee wellness needs by providing world-class tools, consultation and leadership in the areas of Health and Ergonomics.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is hard working, reliable, personable, and most importantly passionate about educating and motivating individuals to live healthier lifestyles. This individual should be self-motivated with initiative and hard work ethic.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Supervise and conduct the day-to-day operations of the Fitness Center and provide Health and Fitness services to members (personal training, group exercise class instruction, body fat/blood pressure testing, fitness program design, etc)
• Teach and conduct personal training sessions and a variety of group exercise classes (spin, HIIT, kickboxing, etc), maintaining and growing membership through customer interactions and the development of health initiatives under the supervision of the Health Team Lead
• Assist in running Wellness Programs for all employees (Health Screenings, Cardiovascular Program, Incentive programs, Fatigue Management, Lunch and Learn Events, etc)
• Provide Ergonomics support by performing workstation evaluations for employees and contractors
• Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Physiology, or other health-related science, OR 6+ years experience working in a Health/Fitness environment
• Minimum 3 years experience in Health/Wellness/Fitness
• Nationally accredited Personal Training Certification (ACSM, NASM, NSCA, etc).Or pursuing Nationally accredited Personal Training Certification by Spring 2020.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Must be willing to work varying hours/shifts
• CPR/AED Certification
• Qualified Workstation Evaluator Certification and prior ergonomic evaluation experience
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on company website