Responsible for the LOB EHS
Liaise with PQ assistant for formulation modification, optimize the lab trial to guide the blending for D&I (Detergent & Inhibitor) package, XA (Experimental Additive), VII and Lubricant Oil.
Responsible for blending study, perform tests to check quality of incoming raw material and products (Including D&I package, XA, VII, Lubricant Oil)
Schedules daily LOB production runs according to requirement and adjusts as needed
Responsible for specification and blending correction, build up strong connection/alignment with P&T team.
Responsible and take part in ASTM Proficiency program
Responsible for LOB OPEX & CAPEX, keep the expense below the allocated budget.
Responsible for the sample shipment, nominated freight forwarder to ship the requested samples to customers in a timely manner.
Perform tests as required by technical service.
Keep up to date knowledge on the test methods and calibration procedures to assure accuracy of results.
Perform round robin testing with customers to resolve test result discrepancies, especially for the Lubricant Oil.
Responsible for maintaining inventory of new and existing reference oils for testing Lubricant Oil.
Take part in the CMP LOB commissioning and start-up, including the procedure and testing plan.
Do site-preparation and installation of new analytical instruments.
Support OGT in testing and collecting test result data for new CRS samples under development.
Perform SPC analysis of test results to determine root cause and develop improvement ideas.
Do the Schedule calibration and preventive maintenance programs for LOB and Laboratory.
Work with instrument vendor engineers to trouble-shoot, repair and improve the reliability of the laboratory instruments.
Practice the best housekeeping of the laboratory and LOB house.
Maintain and trouble shoot analytical equipment
Diagnose the bad analytical test outputs and trouble shoot analytical equipment to rectify the problem(s).
Involve in the trouble shooting of LOB process
Manage the chemical inventory in the laboratory/LOB in accordance with government and company safety requirements
Manage MSDS information database and their dissemination
Play an active role for Laboratory/LOB's continuous improvement using Lean Sigma methodology.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University with more than 5 years of experience in analytical testing of an Oil/ Petroleum/ Petrochemical or Lubricant Additives Manufacturing facility.
• Strong knowledge in Analytical Chemistry with operating knowledge of laboratory instruments such as ICP, FTIR, HTHS, MRV, CCS, NOACK Loss, Bosch Injector, etc.
• A Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Petroleum Testing Methods and familiar in ASTM, IP and APHA Test methods
• Knowledge on LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), SAP are plus and have added advantage.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Mandarin.
• Able to work in a cross-functional environment
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on company website