Chevron is accepting online applications for the Process Safety Specialist - Risk Assessment Facilitator position through December 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time]).
This position is responsible for facilitating risk assessments consistent with Chevron's Operational Excellence expectations, State of California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA) Process Safety Management (PSM) standard, and the City of Richmond California Industrial Safety Ordinance (RISO) requirements. In addition, this position will contribute to the development and improvement of process safety risk reduction programs.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Facilitating the following Risk Assessments for refinery operation processes and projects:
- Process Hazards Analyses (PHA)
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Procedural PHAs
- Hierarchy of Hazard Control Analysis (HCA) per California OSHA PSM Regulation
- Working with appropriate Subject Matter Experts to ensure necessary technical issues and process safety hazards are fully discussed during risk assessments
- Reviewing/Auditing risk assessment reports for Quality Assurance
- Working with colleagues at other refineries to maintain consistent and sustainable process safety and risk management processes as part of the Refinery Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS)
- Developing and executing refinery risk management improvement programs.
- Writing and updating procedures for related work processes
- Conducting analyses in a team environment
- Working with management to develop risk reduction plans to address team findings
- Approving risk assessments reports
- Bachelor's in engineering. (Exception for candidates currently qualified as a PHA Facilitator in Chevron)
- 5 Years of relevant experience
- Recent PHA and/or LOPA facilitation experience
- Ability to guide multifunctional team discussion to consensus
- Strong analytical abilities to understand technical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ Years of experience in the Chemical and Petroleum Industry
- Proficient using PHA-Pro/Stature or equivalent risk assessment documentation program
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of P&ID's
- Knowledge of Federal and California OSHA Regulations for Process Safety
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on company website