HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
It's an exciting time for IT professionals as we leverage rapidly emerging technology advancements in Cloud, Mobility, Data Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence. Our IT function, works closely with the business, to deliver important business enabling solutions in the Human Resources, Finance, and Logistics functional areas . As part of a global delivery team, IT will be focusing on the transformation of our technology landscape, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Platform, and the advancement of our Digital Roadmap in the upcoming years to meet complex energy challenges and create innovative solutions.
The SAP Software Engineer is expected to contribute and grow with the corporation to:
• Learn and adopt emerging technologies that support the corporation's IT transformation and Digital Roadmap (e.g., Fiori, Identity Management, SAP Cloud Platform, HANA).
• Work with the different teams and IT partners globally to provide App Dev services to internal customers, including but not limited to:
o Programming for enhancements and incident/defect resolution
o Problem / requirements analysis
o Unit, and integration testing and utilization of automated test scripts in the SAP CI/CD pipline where applicable
o Technical documentation
• Understand the SAP design for the corporation's different business operating units and its processes including interfaces to other applications.
• Implement SAP projects, enhancements and Operational Incidents using SAFe, as a member of the Logistic's ART (Agile Release Train).
• Effectively work with a global team spanning multiple regions and multiple cross-functional team members and leaders.
• Partner with business and team members to find efficiencies and opportunities to innovate and automate our ERP solutions.
• Employ analytical thinking to understand business requirements and translate those into User Stories.
• Apply critical thinking to understand the potential impact of system Change Management on existing functions to avoid business impact and incidents.
• Support the strategy for the next generation ERP transformation.
• Adhere to corporate policies, and standard tools; establish and maintain standards.
Experience and/or Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), or related areas required.
• Minimum of 3 years' working experience in SAP SD module
• Minimum of 2 years' Application Development experience required (including problem, requirements, risk/benefits analysis and technical documentation/user stories).
• Technical skills: Experience with backend development including Odata and API and/or frontend development for custom Web Apps; Object oriented programming concepts and Cloud based development environments. DevOps experience preferred
• Application Development best practices; Agile (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe), experience preferred
Special considerations: Travel - must be able to travel up to 20%
Technical Skills and Business Process Knowledge:
• Prefer previous experience in operations support and/or project design and implementation especially in the SAP SD modules. Demonstrated ability to work with various business partners in identifying application issues, analyze and quickly resolve. Solid foundation in ITSM processes and tools.
• Demonstrated Programming skills, and experience in IT concepts such as database schemas, Integration, system landscapes, and Business Intelligence.
• Ability to learn and adopt emerging technologies to suggest and support innovation and advance Customers' Digital roadmap
• Understanding of one or more Business Processes such as Human Resources, Finance, and Logistics.
• Previous experience in operations support, project design and implementation
• Demonstrated ability to work with various business partners in identifying, analyzing and quickly resolving application issues.
• Understanding of Service Desk functions and related tools to resolve user related support calls
Analytical & Problem Solving:
• Strong analytical skills to resolve technical problems, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into requirements/user stories
• Ability to manage multiple priorities; provide technical assistance and manage dependencies through partnerships with other Applications Management / IT organizations both internal and external as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements, and translate them into User Stories that support successful Sprint deployments
Communication Skills & Interpersonal Skills;
• Strong written and verbal skills; ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and understandable manner. Listens carefully and asks questions to understand views, concerns and comments of others and effectively communicates in culturally and geographically diverse environment.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills; emphasis on self-directed, and multi-tasking with commitment to individual responsibility and accountability.
• Ability to translate IT issues so that they are easily understandable by Application Engineers; able to facilitate meetings with a diverse set of stakeholders as needed
Collaboration and Teamwork:
• Ability to work within a global team and with external partners towards a common objective, agreed strategy and processes to successfully deliver safe and reliable results.
• Proven ability to contribute both independently, as well as through others; Can work cross-functionally and has the ability to coordinate across a broad range of stakeholder groups.
• Ability to work with multiple cultures and nationalities is critical to this role.
This position is for Buenos Aires Argentina only.
Apply on company website