Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Works very closely with business SMEs in both Upstream Functions and SBUs.
• Participate in all phases of Software Development LifeCycle.
• Develop software solution leveraging established Chevron technology standards and collaborate with internal partners to develop new technology standards as needs arise.
• Design and develop data engineering, data integration and data management practices and tools
• Maintain working knowledge of the latest software engineering tools and practices for continuous integration, unit tests, static and dynamic profiling, code coverage, code analysis, and automated tests.
• Collaborate with other product teams to develop and share reusable software components and services, implement consistent automated builds and integrated builds, including managing build servers, build schedules, and build qualities
• Provides full support of applications for break-fix, install, move, add, change, and preventative maintenance activities.
• Ensures adherence to IT Service Management (ITSM) incident and change management processes for application delivery
• Assist and support data / information and application integration
• Provide basic business analysis on enhancement requests, document requirements and develop/deploy new functionality
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or related technical field.
• 3+ years experience on the phases of Software Development Lifecycle (plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission)
• Knowledge of development technologies and methodologies such as :Microsoft, Java, DBMS, system and data integration, DevOps, Prototyping, AGILE/Scrum, object oriented design and development, service oriented architecture/microservices.
• Knowledgeable on one or more development platforms (Microsoft, Linux/Unix, Cloud, Mobile). The successful candidate is result oriented and able to form strong partnership with business and project teams.
• Some familiarity on data engineering/data management practices and tools
• Highly motivated and a self-starter. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a diverse team. Ability to manage or work on multiple projects and tasks at one time. Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently while producing quality work. Flexible and adaptable when priorities shift due to changing situations
What Do I Gain from This Assignment?
• Excellent opportunity to learn or improve upon Upstream knowledge.
• Individual maybe assigned to be a member of a dynamic team (Upstream Software Factory) that develops, implements and operates (during product lifecycle) innovative software solutions that integrate, automate or otherwise simplify upstream business processes and workflows.
• Excellent role to develop software engineering skills and upstream domain knowledge.
Critical Selection Criteria:
Technical Depth and Breadth
• Experience providing application development and programming support for upstream domain areas is highly preferred. Knowledge of development technologies and methodologies is preferred (Microsoft, Java, DBMS, system and data integration, DevOps, Prototyping, AGILE/Scrum, object-oriented design and development, service-oriented architecture/microservices).
• Familiar with Chevron IRM/IRSM processes and related technical standards and controls is a plus.
• Knowledge of common upstream systems of record is preferred, including underlying database technologies, structures, and implementation (Energy Components, Wellview, IWM/CAC, WPH, OSIsoft PI, Catalyst, ProSource).
• Familiarity of data foundation technologies and an understanding of Upstream workflows, Well Reliability & Optimization and IOC workflows preferred.
• Experience working with software development teams in support of Chevron upstream applications is also preferred.
Knowledge of Chevron application systems and tools
• Drilling & Completions, Base Business or Facility Engineering experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience developing and deploying upstream applications to multiple business units is highly preferred.
• Preferably candidate can demonstrate experience working to configure vendor solutions, integration of data and systems and successfully integrate backend systems (procurement...) with field systems of records (maintenance, inspection...).
• Successful candidate should possess knowledge of IT development, deployment and support best practices along with an understanding of Chevron's application support environments.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated experience in critical thinking and problem solving as well as the ability to handle urgent and multiple competing priorities.
• Acts with sense of urgency.
• Consistently delivers high quality deliverables and has a strong customer facing approach including demonstrated ability to work with functional experts to develop complex visualizations, models and/or integration patterns.
• Strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams, respecting other opinions, valuing diversity, building consensus and assisting others to accomplish team goals and objectives.
• Able to foster collaboration and teamwork between individuals or groups across organizational and geographic boundaries gaining commitment and following through to results.
• Resolves business partner issues and escalates issues when necessary.
• Seeks to understand, educate and build collaborative relationships with business partners.
- Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Selected candidates will work in Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on company website