- Tax Compliance Direct & Indirect Tax
• Directs and supervises PRC taxes for the establishments in Oronite China, manages tax matters of companies in different locations
• Oversight of all tax returns and support schedules for Oronite legal entities in China.
• Responsible for review/preparation and timely submission of all indirect and direct tax returns and compliance with all indirect and direct tax regulations; working closely with external tax agents as required.
• Leads, coordinates, monitors and reviews Transfer Pricing arrangement and documentations for all Oronite legal entities in China
• Coordinates reviews with tax advisors and oversees tax audits conducted by China tax authorities.
• Resolves tax issues identified during tax filings and routine/non-routine tax assessments/requirements raised by tax authorities.
- Tax Accounting for various legal entities
• Collects and analyzes accounting data.
• Prepares forecast of taxable income and tax liabilities as required.
• Prepares information required for financial accounting and U.S. tax purposes.
• Performs deferred tax accounting for China Oronite entities.
• Prepares and submits Tax Basis Balance Sheet (TBBS), Uncertain Tax Positions (FIN 48) and Effective Tax Rate Reconciliation (ETR) analysis and reports, as required.
• Assists in the preparation of Statutory Financial statements.
• Coordinates and provide assistance to External Auditors during External Audits
• Ensures accuracy and integrity of the accounting records for reconciliations assigned.
• Supports the account reconciliation process through coordination with other employees responsible for accounts.
• Participates and/or leads projects affecting the Finance department (or other business units) as directed by Oronite China Finance Manager.
• Researches and provides advice on tax implications on initiatives/ transactions.
• Provides backup to other finance team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Tax or Finance/Accounting or equivalent;
- Familiar with tax laws/regulations and tax filing process ;
- 5 year working experience in tax, preferably in manufacturing environment or public accounting/tax agent firm
• Well-versed in tax legislation, able to handle tax compliance and tax advisory matters as required
• Strong tax, analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of tax accounting under US GAAP is preferable
- Ability to work systematically, prioritize tasks and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to balance risk exposure and meet business requirements;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, multitask and manage daily/monthly quarterly duties with on-going project and tax account review;
- Good communication skills (both oral and written) in English and Chinese;
- Demonstrated initiative to continuously seek enhancements in work processes;
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP system;
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on company website