Employment Type: Full Time Regular
This position is responsible for running analytical experiments in a methodical manner and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This position also executes consistent statistical analysis and articulate results to management in a business format to support in decision making and analysis.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using Big Data techniques.
- Conducts data mining using state-of-the-art methods to drive optimization and improvement of marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Works with peers to enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Creates automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Develops custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Building closed-loop algorithms to power scaled personalization within the digital experience.
- Uses predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Works cross-functionally to gather insights which will improve marketing efforts.
- Communicates results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Keeps up-to-date with latest technology trends and how to best leverage machine learning, neural networks and other avenues to harness the power of the organizations vast data.
- May provide guidance/mentoring to new associates; evaluating process, recommend and implement improvements, as needed.
- Serves as a resource for Junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience in a retail setting a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis preferred
- If in Research/Personalization: 5+ years' experience with consumer/customer quantitative research, consumer/customer qualitative research, or associate engagement research
- If in CRM: 5+ years' experience with marketing campaign segmentation, targeting design, execution tools, framework. Strategic mindset designing customer journeys and touch points.
- If in CX/UX: 5+ years' experience with digital experience analytics (Google, Omniture, etc.). Ability to read/interpret web analytics to provide actionable strategic insights
- If in Modeling/Data Science: 5+ years' experience in analytics or data science - with an emphasis in customer analytics and marketing analytics; forecasting; structural equations, marketing ROI and attribution, building predictive models and multivariate techniques, working in environments with disparate data sources
- If in Testing: 2+ years hypothesis testing experience; 2+ experience with testing toolset such as APT
Apply on company website