Employment Type: Full Time Regular
The position is primarily responsible for converting project specifications into code for various programs or applications based upon business demands or client requests.
- Develops, updates, and maintains various programs or software packages to handle specific jobs or functions based upon business/client needs.
- Develops, analyzes, reviews, and updates programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Performs or directs revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Consults with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Track and resolve functional defects of varying sizes and severity
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Prepares detailed diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Consults with and assists end users or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running programs.
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in enterprise level development experience
- Intermediate experience gathering business requirements for IT projects
- 3+ Years of NoSQL development experience, preferably with experience on the MapR platform
- Intermediate level of proficiency with JSON, Spark, and Hive
- Working knowledge level of proficiency with Linux operating systems and scripting (bash)
- Exposure level of knowledge for Microservices
- Expert level of proficiency in SQL
- Experience implementing and supporting 3rd party APIs (social media, analytics, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment and react to situations as they arise in the appropriate manner
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues via telephone
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and effectively meet project deliverables on time
- Ability to work off shift for on call responsibilities
Apply on company website