Employment Type: Full Time Regular
This position oversees the monitoring and implementation of technology projects that empower business groups with the technology necessary to achieve business objectives. Defines ongoing procedures, processes, workflow, system policies and guidelines. Provides analytical support and proactively recommends changes to improve technology and its application to the business.
This positions responsibility is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- Manages and ensures integrity of various systems, system upgrades, processes, and overall technical support.
- Partners with associates and management team to define and provide technical solutions that meet strategic needs.
- Drives discussion with managerial and systems representatives to clarify program intent, develop back-up strategy and troubleshoot challenges.
- Develops database architectures, standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Responds to and resolves database access and performance issues.
- Leads team members in writing test scripts, performing tests and providing appropriate follow-up actions and documentation.
- Monitors, optimizes and allocates physical data storage for database systems.
- Develops and coordinates data migrations between systems.
- Implements and maintains change control and testing processes for modifications to databases
- Leads system integration, solution development, and ongoing maintenance.
- Leads Collaboration with team members in writing test scripts, performing tests and providing appropriate follow-up actions and documentation.
- Monitors and resolve system performance issues, identifies and corrects application software problems.
- Anticipates future technology needs with regards to systems environment. Recommends procedural and workflow changes.
- Participates in on-call support rotation and Work Order queue management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of course work and job experience
- 7+ years demonstrated experience supporting Microsoft SQL in large scale Corporate/Enterprise environments
- Experience in retail or related discipline (specialty apparel retail industry experience is preferred)
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Expert level hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT and IT related policies and procedures
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Proven mentoring skills
- Strong communications skills including written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal.
- Working knowledge of systems including hardware and software
Apply on company website