Employment Type: Full Time Regular
This position is responsible for repairs and installation of complex PLC controlled mechanical and electrical equipment including automated machines, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers and communication systems. Troubleshoots and diagnoses on-site electrical and mechanical equipment for functional and structural repairs, including conveyor systems, material handling systems, air compressors and pneumatics.
- Repairs and maintains physical structures using hand and power tools.
- Repairs and installs electrical systems and fixtures with minimum supervision.
- Performs routine electrical/mechanical repairs or installation such as running conduit, replacing receptacles, welding and fabrication etc.
- Troubleshoots PLC's and PLC controlled conveyors and equipment.
- Measures, cuts, bonds, threads, assembles and install electrical conduit.
- Moves, installs and adjusts fixtures, motors and other electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Installs power, light, electronic and control circuits.
- Diagnoses mechanical/electrical problems, replaces or repairs parts, detects and replaces defective control modules.
- Installs and repairs environmental-control systems, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout.
- Tests electrical equipment for safety.
- Inspects, adjusts and repairs all building systems as required.
- Monitors and inspects facility construction, conveyor installation and all trade/contractor work.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe internal and external work environment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Drive company vehicle to purchase and retrieve maintenance supplies and materials. Also, transport company inventory and supplies from building to building.
- Provide technical assistance to lower level maintenance technicians.
- Maintain stock storage areas and liaison with purchasing as necessary.
- Respond to emergency alarm systems.
- Utilize CMMS software to document all work on equipment.
Due to the nature of potential equipment and facilities related breakdowns, fluctuations of products and manufacturing schedules and the urgency of new equipment installations, the Facilities Department's working hours must be flexible and the individual must be available for scheduled overtime, and, at times, emergency overtime. Breaks and lunch times may also be flexible depending on emergency or high priority projects and assignments.
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate degree or apprenticeship preferred.
- 5-8 years of maintenance experience in similar environment
- Thorough knowledge of equipment and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems with formal training or education
- 5-8 years of maintenance experience with mechanical and electrical control functions.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize with good time management, planning, expediting and proactive skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work any shift as business needs require
- Ability to comprehend instructions and perform a variety of maintenance tasks
- Constant Standing - 67%-100% of 8-Hour Shift
- Frequent Bending - 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
- Occasional Pushing/Pulling - 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
- Frequent Lifting up to 50 lbs - 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
- Frequent Climbing - 34-66% of 8-Hour Shift
- Occasional Driving - 1-33% of 8-Hour Shift
- Constant Handling/Grasping- 67-100% of 8-Hour Shift
Apply on company website