This position provides Administrator level support to the Legal Department, focusing on intellectual property and marketing. This role also assists with corporate governance matters, general contracts and assists with various routine legal matters.
Intellectual Property -- Under supervision of Senior Director -- Corporate Counsel
- Confer with In-house and outside counsel, liaise with business teams and coordinate activities, with regard to the Company's intellectual property portfolio.
- Advise the brands concerning intellectual property matters, including copyrights, trademarks, patents & marketing claims (senior paralegal proficiency or higher).
- Accurately and concisely relay complex IP case management instructions to outside counsel, including foreign correspondents relating to filings and upcoming deadlines; review incoming correspondence, fulfill documentation requests (drafting, gathering/organizing/reviewing, etc.) and accurately summarize outside counsel's recommended courses of action for various legal matters (senior paralegal level proficiency or higher).
- Conduct and summarize preliminary due diligence clearance searches for brand or product names, marketing slogans, product designs, patentable technologies and other intellectual property.
- Maintain intellectual property case files, docketing database and docketing records for global intellectual property portfolio.
- Instruct domain name service providers on new filings, renewals and UDRP, ICANN, DMCA and other enforcement actions; coordinate all aspects of case management.
- Review and analyze reports of suspected infringements (including traditional, online and social media), provide recommended plans of action and assist with enforcement actions under direction of counsel.
- IP Litigation/dispute resolution case management (gathering discovery/e-discovery responses, gathering evidence, reviewing briefs, preparing affidavits, etc.) experience (senior paralegal level proficiency or higher)
- Conduct internal research and external research on various legal matters as needed.
Marketing -- Under supervision of Senior Director -- Corporate Counsel
- Draft contest/sweepstakes rules in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Work with marketing on charitable events structuring and marketing collateral compliance.
- File registrations and bonds per state requirements for charitable and sweepstakes or contest events.
- Review routine marketing and social media materials
- Maintain marketing disclaimer library and prepare educational guidelines and presentations for Marketing, Social and Charitable teams.
- Draft, review and redline various marketing-related contracts.
Corporate Governance -- Under supervision of Vice President - Legal
- Working knowledge of drafting compliant board resolutions, minutes and related materials for related entities (domestic and foreign) (senior paralegal level proficiency or higher).
- Arrange quarterly board meetings, request and compile financials and prepare agendas.
- Working knowledge of document retention requirements for corporate governance matters.
General Legal -
- Review and negotiate routine legal documents, such as non-disclosure agreements.
- All other projects as needed
- High School degree or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree &/or paralegal certification preferred;
- 5-8+ years relevant paralegal experience in corporate environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of intellectual property docketing, filing, enforcement, dispute resolution & document retention processes (domestic and foreign, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, music licensing, modeling rights, design rights, domain name and similar, anti-counterfeiting and grey market).
- Working knowledge of regulations governing intellectual property, truth in advertising/marketing/sweepstakes/contests and related areas of law.
- Working knowledge of fashion law or retail corporate environment helpful.
- Strong drafting, redlining and document preparation skills with a focus on typical intellectual property matter documentation (declarations of use, inventor assignments, evidentiary affidavits, limited powers of attorney, legalization/Apostilles, coexistence agreements, letters of consent, etc.)
- Familiarity with corporate governance tasks preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strategic thinker; meticulous attention to detail; strong time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks and projects supporting multiple areas.
- Demonstrate "can do" attitude and self-awareness; self-motivated team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite & Google suite.
- Proficiency with CBI software and other legal administration databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply on company website