The Store Manager is primarily responsible for managing the sales, operations, asset protection, and human resources functions of the store to ensure a great customer experience and maximum profitability.
1. Directs and supervises associates engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers. Ensures weekly schedules are prepared to provide proper floor coverage within fiscal guidelines; reviews time sheets and other payroll documentation for accuracy and submits as appropriate.
2. Promotes customer service by ensuring associates are greeting and assisting customers; responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
3. Models sales expectations by utilizing various techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
4. Maintains a visually appealing store, ensuring proper housekeeping, visual merchandising, and organization are kept to the highest standard. Trains associates on visual merchandising techniques to ensure store is maintained at all times.
5. Monitors associate sales activities and productivity; acknowledges and communicates performance to associates; motivates and trains associates to achieve full potential.
6. Performs all financial activities effectively and in accordance with policy including cash handling and reporting, price changes, and merchandise handling; ensures all register transactions are completed accurately and in accordance with policy.
7. Prepares and oversees physical inventories, ensuring proper accounting of receipts and outflows of merchandise.
8. Manages the general operations of the store ensuring that the store is in working order and adequately supplied to ensure safe and efficient operations.
9. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, loss prevention policies, operating procedures and controls; conducts associate training as needed to reinforce proper controls.
10. Recruits, hires, and develops store associates; prepares and conducts all performance appraisals and evaluations; interprets Key Performance Indicator reports and delivers coaching as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned/required.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. 2+ years of retail management experience required
3. Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
4. Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track record in all areas of sales
5. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
6. Established history in recruiting and retaining a quality sales and support staff
7. General knowledge of apparel products (i.e., fit and fabric)
8. Excellent leadership qualities, training and team building skills
9. Knowledge of administrative aspects of store operations
10. Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
11. Ability to communicate with customers, standing and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom, operate register, lift and carry 30 lbs., hang / fold merchandise, climbing, reaching, and pushing / pulling
Apply on company website