Job Opportunity Job ID: 56945
At Children's Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest potential.
We are nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report, serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and are recognized for quality care in every specialty.
Children's Health offers opportunities for learning and career development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And we honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee appreciation events.
We invite you to learn more about Children's Health.
The position implements and administers the Property and Casualty Insurance program for CHST and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and participates in the design of the program along with the Director, brokers and other external vendors and consultants. Included in the duties are the coordination with the offshore captive manager of processes whereby the captive bills CHST for premiums due, and CHST requests reimbursement from the captive for claims and claims expenses. The position requires contact with several internal departments in connection with the preparation of documents for submission to carriers for underwriting and renewal of coverage.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- With oversight of Director, implements and administers Property and Casualty Insurance programs for Children's Health, including administrative matters in connection with the captive insurance company.
- In conjunction with broker, reviews insurance policies at time of receipt for accuracy and completeness.
- Works with internal clients to gather, analyze and organize underwriting information in preparation for the placement of coverage. In conjunction with Director, prepares final submissions to Broker for review prior to transmittal to carrier.
- Manages the payment of claims and claims expenses for Professional and General Liability claims, and for expenses within the deductible of Property, Cyber and Employment Liability coverages.
- Assumes responsibility for underwriting process for select coverages, making recommendations to Director.
- Working with broker, provides Certificates of Insurance as requested by external parties.
- In conjunction with external captive manager, coordinates billing of premium from captive to CHST, and requests for reimbursement from CHST to captive.
- Participates and contributes to all renewal strategy meetings with brokers, and participates in underwritings with carriers.
- At least 3 years of Insurance experience, preferably working with a health care client is preferred.
- Experience in a pediatric tertiary health care system and risk management is preferred.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree in Health Administration, Management, Business Administration, Risk Management, Insurance, Information Management or related field or equivalent experience is required.
Apply on company website